Are you an expert in designing strong M&E systems and have a keen eye for organizational learning? Then this position might be for you. We are looking for an experienced Senior Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (PMEAL) Advisor for the International Department in Danish Red Cross.
Make a difference that matters
In the International Department, the Partnership & Compliance Unit (P&C Unit) provides support to secure an appropriate level and diversification of funding for operations, establish and nurture strategic partnerships that provide a value-add for operations and engagement, and ensure that quality programming complies with standard operating procedures, donor requirements and sector standards.
Within the P&C Unit, the PMEAL Team leads and supports work undertaken to develop and/or improve systems, processes and practices that ensure adherence to internal standards, sector standards, and donor requirements including developing and communicating an evidence base for results reporting.
The Senior PMEAL Advisor coordinates across the PMEAL team, maintaining oversight and providing guidance on the functions and priorities of the team. The Senior PMEAL Advisor provides technical support to selected projects, provides general advice on PMEAL issues, sets the frame for organizational and strategic PMEAL, and leads and supports the development of processes, tools, and guidance for project cycle management.
Areas of responsibility
• Oversee and maintain systematic documentation of results across the international portfolio, including support to updating DRC’s Global Results Framework, reporting to donors, and support to matrices in documenting learning.
• Provide technical support and input into strategic monitoring and reporting, including country strategies and the International Strategy.
• Lead and support the ongoing development and refinement of PMEAL related tools, guidance and minimum standards in line with sector standards and donor requirements
• Provide technical support, advice and quality assurance to selected strategic project proposals/formulations, monitoring & evaluation plans, baseline and endline surveys.
• Lead the selection and maintain oversight of studies and thematic reviews
• Coordinate with PMEAL delegates and Partnership & Compliance staff at HQ
• Support the integration of Community Engagement and Accountability (CEA) as a project approach, including as an approach to PMEAL
• Support the development of quality assurance and compliance monitoring mechanisms in coordination with other teams and units
• Participate in Danish and Red Cross Movement networks and fora focused on PMEAL.
• Master’s degree in Social Science, International Development or similar
• Minimum of 7 years’ experience in the humanitarian or development sector
• Strong analytical and strategic development skills
• Strong negotiation skills
• Planning, facilitation and coordination skills
• Documented experience in working with and facilitating project cycle management processes including project design, review, evaluation
• Applied experience in LFA approach, Theories of Change and developing monitoring and evaluation frameworks at various levels
• Excellent English language skills, French language skills an advantage.
• Be result-oriented and inventive
• Be able to facilitate processes and engage people to use their resources effectively
• Have personal power and be persistent to promote key issues.
Your future workplace
The Red Cross is always there. We save lives every day, and we equip people with the tools they need to get through crises and disasters. In Denmark, we create communities and help vulnerable people in society to lead safe and healthy lives.
We help people on both sides of a conflict and in the remotest corners of the world, regardless of their religion, race or political views.
We are the world's largest humanitarian organization with 17 million volunteers in 189 countries. We are part of the local community all over the world.
The International Department in the Danish Red Cross supports vulnerable people in Africa, Asia, Europe and the Middle East in close cooperation with Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies in more than 30 countries. We have an annual turnover of more than DKK 750 million and we work specifically on building preparedness and response capacity. DRC works both with long-term activities and short-term response particular within health, disaster preparedness and response.
The PMEAL advisor will work in the Partnership & Compliance team with 13 colleagues.
A fulltime 37 hours a week employment. The Senior PMEAL advisor will refer to head of Partnership & Compliance, Jakob Harbo.
Salary and employment conditions will be according to Danish Red Cross’ collective bargain agreement with HK and AC. Allowances depending on experience and qualifications.
Application and further information
If you wish to know more about the position please contact Jakob Harbo, Head of Partnership & Compliance on firstname.lastname@example.org or +45 3132 0119.
The start date will be on 1 September 2020. Interviews will take place on 17 and 19 August. Apply by clicking on ‘Apply now’ on this page and create a profile. Then upload your motivation letter and CV in English.