The overall purpose of the DRC’s international engagement is to increase and strengthen the humanitarian impact, inspire, act for human dignity, and enhance resilience and social cohesion in fragile contexts of poverty, conflict, and disaster.
The Partnership Advisor will be part of the Global Partnership Unit, which is responsible for the global resource mobilization and for coordinating the strategic direction of the Danish Red Cross’ organizational partnerships, external and within the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement (RCRC). The unit supports and quality assures proposals to core donors on compliance as well as strategic content vis a-vis donor strategies.
As a Partnership Advisor you will be part of the Institutional donor team where you will work in close collaboration with donor advisors within EU/ECHO/MFA. Your main focus will be on EU Development Aid but you are expected to be able to work across the team as well as explore and be entry point for non-EU/MFA institutional donors (UN, World Bank, FCDO, AFD etc.). You will be responsible for setting the frame, planning and building the relationship for DRC towards institutional donors with a focus on EU, as well as providing updated, quality and timely advice and support to the operation when it comes to engagement, proposal and consortia development, rules, regulations and compliance.
More specifically you will:
- Lead and advise on the strategic engagement, dialogue and funding approach towards INTPA/NEAR
- Proactively screen and explore new funding opportunities with Country Managers and support local engagement
- As HQ focal point, ensure strategic guidance, assess feasibility and risk for new opportunities and give recommendation for the Go/No-Go
- Be the entry point for other International Institutional donors, such as UN Agencies and World Bank, to ensure efficient internal coordination and response
- Establish and nurture new international institutional partnerships
- Coordinate and support proposal development, insurance of quality and consistency in Donor Proposals
- Provide technical assistance to ensure compliance with Donors regulations and procedures throughout the lifecycle of ongoing grants in cooperation with other units
- Be a surge capacity to support the proposal writing on site, e.g. be main writer and coordinator of the proposal development and writing
- Ensure coordination with the other teams in the Global Partnership unit and other units in the International Department.
We are looking for a candidate with the following competencies:
- Hold an academic degree at master’s level in international development, international politics or similar
- Have 5-7 years of documented experience from working in humanitarian settings or developing countries
- Extensive experience with working with major institutional donors in general and EU INTPA/NEAR in particular in terms of strong engagement and knowledge of donor modalities.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Proved experience with successful programming, proposal writing and development of larger consortia
- In-depth understanding of the project cycle and LFA approach
- Planning, facilitation and coordination skills
- Excellent English language skills, French language skills an advantage
Furthermore, you are:
- A strong communicator with the ability to work with people across the organization and different cultures
- Able to facilitate processes and engage people to use their resources effectively
- A pronounced team player with strong cooperation skills
- Flexible and able to travel a minimum of 8 weeks/year
- Have punch and be persistent in promoting key issues.
A full-time position of 37 working hours per week in a busy and inspiring workplace showing flexibility and caring about staff welfare. Furthermore, you will have the opportunity to work in a motivated team and be part of Danish Red Cross’ large global humanitarian action and contribute to impact. You will refer to the Head of Global Partnerships in Copenhagen.
Salary and employment conditions will comply with Danish Red Cross’s collective bargain agreement with HK and AC.
Application and further information
We look forward to receiving your application via the Red Cross home page www.rodekors.dk/job
In case you need more information please see the job description or contact Head of Global Partnerships, Marie-Chantal Legendre Dahl firstname.lastname@example.org phone: +45 53611897
The application deadline is October 10th. Interviews will take place soon thereafter; the expected start date is December 1st.