Danish Red Cross is present in 20+ countries in the Middle East, Northern Africa, Europe, Asia and Africa. We are working in contexts of high fragility, vulnerabilities, and humanitarian needs. With a yearly turnover of around 800M DKK, we continuously increase our capacity to ensure Impact, Efficiency and Localization. This through adaptable, efficient and well managed humanitarian programmes, operations and partnerships in high-risk environments.
We are looking for a new colleague with a strong skill set and experience in risk, grant and project management. One who is motivated by making a difference for people in need. The position is part of a team under the Operations Unit based in Copenhagen, providing close and quality advise and administrative support to the operation on risk management, grant and project portfolio management.
As Portfolio Advisor you will monitor and support analysis of grant, project- and partnership portfolio status, advise and support context developments analysis, risks management, scenario planning, business continuity, resources, and finances. This is to enable operations at country level achieving timely decision making on risk, adjustments, reallocations, and on escalation of risks to regional and HQ level. You will have oversight and coordinate post award support to grant management, provide quality assurance of high risks reports and of agreements with local partners. You will work in close coordination with other layers and units in the International Department and International Finance and contribute to systemic improvements across the organization.
Your main tasks/responsibilities are:
- Systematically compile and analyze data from the operation (grants, projects and partnerships portfolios) and facilitate identification of need for support and timely action.
- Advice and support the monitoring and management of risks
- Contribute to the strategic development of country portfolios.
- Work closely with all relevant departments to monitor programmatic compliance proactively and regularly in accordance with donors’ and Danish Red Cross requirements
- Provide technical support and quality assurance in relation to agreements with partners, reporting and partnership modalities
- Perform missions to the countries of engagement to contribute and provide support for the well-functioning of the operation
We are looking for someone with the following competences:
- Relevant academic background,
- minimum 3-5 years’ working experience in a humanitarian organization/NGO
- Experience with grant and project management
- Knowledge about EU/ECHO, DANIDA and other major institutional donor grants
- Experience with financial management (from a project/portfolio management and budget holder perspective)
- Strong analytical and planning skills as well as strong attention to detail
Furthermore, you have:
- The ability to adapt, learn quickly, solutions oriented, and work independently in a fast- paced unit
- Strong communication and coordination skills and ability to work with people across the organization and different cultures
- You are a pronounced team player with strong cooperation skills and readiness to work outside standard working hours when needed
- Ready and motivated to perform missions to the operation
- Strong IT skills, including Excel and ERP
- Excellent English language skills, French or Arabic and asset
- The opportunity to be an essential part of Danish Red Cross large global humanitarian action, contribute to impact, efficiency and localization
- A workplace that prioritizes staff well fare, and where trust, inclusive and collaborative working environment is nurtured
- 37/week position and salary between 39,500 - 48,300 DKK including pension and allowances.
- The application should be submitted in Easycruit no later than 7 december 2022
- First Interviews planned on Tuesday 13 december 2022, second interview 19 December 2022
- Start of contract: As soon as possible
- For further information please see the job description
- For further information and any inquiry about the position please contact Senior portfolio advisor Anna Cathrine de Laine email@example.com tlf :+4520778095 or head of International operations Signe Yde-Andersen, firstname.lastname@example.org tlf: +4553611917